Archival scanning is a very different to day-to-day or project scanning, it involves a myriad of equipment to handle documents that need to be preserved and handled with care.
From there the thought process of how to deliver this material begins and with Informa you have all the technology and expertise to complete the job.
Informa have being digitising records since 1993 and over that time we have accumulated the technology for all media types, Aperture Cards, Microfilm, Photography, Artwork, Books & registers, Maps & Drawings. Informa don't just digitize, we work with our clients on all the phases of a project which include:
- Initial assessment to scope the potential size & cost of a project
- Explore opportunities to enhance cataloguing & document listing
- Future proof databases and associated Meta data
- Evaluate technical specifications in terms of file types, formats & compressions etc
- Pilot public and private web based retrieval solutions
Informa have worked on many large scale archival projects over the years which include An Garda Siochána, Dublin City Library, the Office of Public Works, the Ordnance Survey or Ireland etc.
If you would like to discuss your project please feel free to contact Tom Gilsenan on (01) 8341220