eDiscovery Conference RDS November 30th 2018
Join members of the Judiciary, In House Counsel, Litigators, Data Investigators, Regulators, Forensic Professionals, Barristers, Law Enforcement, Consultants and Commercials Managers at Ireland’s largest gathering of eDiscovery Practitioners.
Learn about new developments in the ever-evolving world of eDiscovery from Irish and International eDiscovery experts.
La Touche Training eDiscovery Conference 2018,
Chaired by The Right Honourable Lord Hope of Craighead KT.
Featuring a stellar line up of speakers and compelling conference topics, including;
Maura Grossman J.D. PhD – Research Professor, University of Waterloo, Ontario
Artificial Intelligence, Real Benefits and Challenges: Is Your Computer Becoming a Better Lawyer Than You?
- What “Artificial Intelligence” (“AI”) is, how machine learning works, and the differences between AI, robotics, and automation;
- AI applications in general and those that are currently available in the legal industry;
- AI’s capabilities and some of its benefits, challenges, and ethical issues;
- The immediate and long-term impact of AI on the legal profession, and what legal practitioners should be doing about that today.
Rebecca Hughes, Privacy and Forensic Manager, PwC
DPO view on the post-GDPR era
- How we operationalised GDPR
- Review the key operational areas
- The role of the DPO
- Introduce the recurring issues
Head of the Legal Tech and Innovation Services Group in Arthur Cox
Digital Transformation and Innovation - Embracing technology in the emerging legal landscape
- Change is inevitable: Why Not Embrace it
- Legal Technology Landscape – A Scan
- Leading People through a Digital Transformation and Creating an Innovation Culture
Kingsley Aikins, Founder and CEO of The Networking Institute
The Art of Networking in the World of eDiscovery
- Why networking is critical in a changed business world
- Characteristics of great networkers
- Harsh realities of business
- Social Capital
- The myth of individualism
- Funnels of serendipity
- The power of attention
- Hi tech and hi touch
- Personal branding
- Attitudes and behaviour
- The 4 step networking process
- Data Subject Access Requests are becoming more frequent and more onerous
- Ediscovery technology can make the response process fast and painless
- Identify all the relevant data quickly, and accurately separate it from any confidential information
- Apply automated redactions across data sets; target specific page numbers for productions; redact Excel documents with ease
- eDiscovery Readiness and Proactive Data Mapping
- eDiscovery Governance - More Than Just Technology
- Using AI to derive actionable insight from structured and structured data
- eDiscovery Workflow Efficiencies - Automation and Scripting
- Continuous Active Learning for Technology Assisted Review
- Risk identification and compliance audits – identify risks early, comprehensively and cost-effectively
- ‘Early ECA’ - early analysis of data to get ahead of your litigation risk: prioritise collection efforts and assess the most critical evidence
Jay Lieb, CEO NexLP; and Reveal Data
AI and eDiscovery - The Future is Now
- Hear from an industry leader on the future of eDiscovery and how they are planning for change.
- Learn about the market disruptors.
- What should law departments or law firms be thinking and preparing for.
Ed Crosse, Partner, Simmons & Simmons, and Past President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Disclosure Reform in England & Wales - a model to follow?
- New mandatory “Disclosure Duties” including a duty to consider technology in disclosure proceedings
- An obligation to disclose “known adverse documents”
- “Initial Disclosure” of key reliance documents
- New mandatory framework on how best to retrieve, process and review data
- New “Disclosure Models” used by the Court to make orders ranging from the most limited, to most extensive forms of disclosure
Chris Dale – eDisclosure Information Project,
Karyn Harty – McCann Fitzgerald,
Maura Grossman - Waterloo University
Kelly Atherton - NightOwl Discovery
Panel Discussion on TAR & Cross Border Activities
- What TAR is and is not
- How different kinds of TAR work
- How TAR can be used to reduce cost and achieve effective and proportionate discovery
- The importance of protocols and agreements and of getting them right
- Review the scientific evidence of TAR
- Judicial acceptance of TAR around the world
La Touche Training, eDiscovery 2018
The RDS, Dublin, Friday November 30th
9am – 4.30pm
6 Legal CPD Hours
Full Conference Rate: €295
Multiple Delegate Discount of €235pp, when 3+ delegates book together
Please email to avail of this offer